I've been quite busy with work and preparing for graduate school in Fall. Yes, I am extremely happy. Life seems to get better with each passing day. I have been incessantly blessed since the beginning of the year and I am grateful.
At the very end of August, I will relocate to Boston, Massachusetts to attend Boston University's graduate School of Social Work. There, I will major in Clinical Social Work with a specialty in Behavioral Medicine. I can't wait!!!! I am so excited about my upcoming endeavor. I'd dreamt about it for years and now it is a few months away from becoming a reality.
I already have a brand new studio apartment awaiting my arrival. I will be relying exclusively on public transportation. Living up there, meeting new people will be a great experience.
All my friends from CT, NY and those here in Florida are welcomed to stay with me when visitng Boston. Mi casa es su casa!
Currently, I work at a cool office environment full of folks in their 30's. I will miss them dearly upon my departure. I will also of course, miss my family and especially the family cat, Baby Jay a.k.a Picachu a.k.a Pumpkin Pie.
After my graduation in Spring of 2006, if I don't end up staying in school to pursue the nursing field and become a Psychiatric Nurse Practioner, in order to increase the amount of service that I can deliver to clients/patients, I would most likely move back to CT. Who knows? We'll see come spring of 2005 what I decide.
I miss living in CT amongst my friends. I had such awesome times hanging around the greater Hartford area and meeting so many UTC employees.
In July, I will vacation in Las Vegas for the 3rd time in the last 13 months along my family. We love pressing our luck at the numerous casinos. Cha-Ching!!!
Today, I browsed through some of the websites belonging to the bars/nightclubs in downtown Hartford, and it made me nostalgic. I saw photos of Bourbon Street, which I lived some floors above. I saw photos of the area where my car got a ticket for parking during a snow ban. Memories! My life in CT was truly memorable.
Two days ago, I found out that my best friend up in CT is pregnant. I am so happy for her. She has been blessed. I will become an aunt during spring of 2005. I must call her tonight to find out when the baby is due.
By the way, for all of you, who might remember the computer issues I suffered from back in 2002...NEWS ALERT: I now have a DELL. "Yes dude, I got a DELL!" And I simply love my Inspiron laptop.
Okay folks, it is time for me to eat dinner. Take care of yourselves and your loved ones.
Quote of the day: You can reach the stars, if you want them bad enough!