Monday, September 09, 2002 :::
People, I MISSED MY FLIGHT!!!!!
WHAT A DAY!
It all started when my ride to the airport locked himself out of his vehicle while prepaying for gasoline, on his way to pick me up. Then I didn't have enough cash on me to get a taxi. Especially when over here, a 10 minute trip to the airport would cost about $30+.
My plane was scheduled to leave at 5:30 pm, and I was still home at 4:30pm, when I should have already been there by then, since I have two suitcases to check-in. Then my nephew gets out of work and drives me to the airport. By the time we arrived at the curb, it was 5:10pm. I tell the cabby my flight time and they all hailed in a chorus, "You missed it." I was in disbelief, thinking that perhaps I will be able to find my way out of that jam and still be able to get on that flight, however, I was diluding myself. Good looks were definitely not going to get my bags and me on that plane, this time around.~~I guess that only works, when you don't have any luggage to check-in.
So I stand in line to see a CSR, meanwhile I stood there in shock at missing a plane that was still boarding passengers. Then I began to curse my day, my luggage, and myself, as tears filled my eyes. I got to the counter to find out that there were no other flights available going into Bradley tonight. To hear those words was like having someone instanteneously pour a pail of iced water over me. I could not and did not want to accept that fact. My eyes were watery and I just kept on thinking, "hold it together girl, you cannot allow your tears to run because it will certainly drag your eye makeup along with it."
Then the CSR told me that he'd place me on standby status for tomorrow morning. I had no other choice than to accept that.
What a day!
Now I'm home suffering from Stress, Frustration and Disappointment! I just want to get back to CT.
Carajo que suerte la mia!
Of course, my parents are ecstatic to have me over for an extra night in the bossom of their home, and Pumkin Pie is also happy to see me back, even if he doesn't realize that it is only for one extra night.
I need an ice cream float right about now.
I did my power walk last night, while under air conditioner. Damn, it is way too hot to do so outside...I'd melt or suffer a heat stroke. Anyhow, I'm glad I was able to excercise my body. Now all I need is a good full body rub down. Mmmm! That ought to help me begin to feel better and forget today ever happened.
Quote of the Day:
Everything happens for a reason. Deal with it!