Letting it all roll out... For me, myself and I.  

Come Dwell Inside


Archives Contact

Sunday, January 30, 2005 :::
 
Good Morning!

I decided to update right now, even though I've only been awake for the past half hour. Geez, I feel like my vision is still somewhat blurry.

Well, Neighbor Boy will simply remain my neighbor. As expected, the weekend in L.A. which was extended because of the snowed-in northeast, ended up being like a short honeymoon for him. So he tells me that now, he has begun a new relationship and that he is confused as to what he should do about me. I simply told him that I didn't care what happened either way, that I was game for whatever. --That's how the cookie crumbles!

Now let's talk Match.com. It amazes me to find that so many people are into internet dating sites such as this one. My gosh, all the stigmas related to internet dating sites seem to fade every time I meet someone, who actively subscribes to such service. It just seems to me that our world today is FULL of lonely people. Yet people keep this fact a secret because they are embarrassed or do not want to be perceived by others as weak or vulnerable.

I've tried this type of service myself, but every time I see a good looking, or hot guy's profile, which are not common; I quickly think, "What is wrong with his persona? Is he damaged goods?" Then I catch myself being overly critical about all of the negative reasons why such a man would need to be on an internet dating service. So, I go back and correct my way of thinking, especially since I, myself have been a subscriber of such service in the past. In other words, I could not be hypocritical and not address the question to myself. --This usually puts me in my place, and then I'm willing to give these good looking/hot guys the benefit of the doubt on why they are subscribers.

Everyone has a reason(s) for deciding to join an internet dating service: there are the people who do it to get laid quickly by any agreeing party, there are the people who have difficulties approaching the opposite sex in person to strike up a conversation, there are people who have bad luck meeting worthy dates via conventional methods, there are people who want to date as a sport, there are the people looking for a spouse, and there are the psychos looking for prey.

Today, it is very common for people to be steadily dating others, who do not meet their physical, sexual and/or personality requirements. In other words, these people are settling for less, in order to have guaranteed sexual encounters. I've met so many people in such situations, but I still do not comprehend what's it worth? I could never see myself living such situation. No way! If a guy falls short of meeting my sexual needs, then his ass is grass. I won't compromise on any part of such needs. Plus, if a guy's looks or personality is not appealing to me, then we won't go beyond an acquaintance status.
I have asked people settling for such situations, why they stay? The common answer was the readily available sex regardless of how dull it may be or how average or below average looking their partner was. Some said that they were afraid to be alone and go back out into the dating scene. Others implied that their self esteem was not up to par to let go of the certain and venture into the gamble.
---I rather be alone! Besides, I LOVE TO GAMBLE!! It's the best adrenaline rush one can get..."to rise victoriously or to crash and burn." It takes a strong person to get up, rising like a Phoenix and try again.

Okay, on another subject: school might prove to be easier this semester if I start taking care of business (i.e., midterm and final papers) WAY BEFORE business is due. This is my plan, athough I think it would be a good idea to get myself a board where I could write such message to remind myself everyday of what I need to be doing on a daily basis. Furthermore, I already began applying for admission for Summer term courses back in FL. Yes, summer in FL is UNBEARABLE, but that's the only place I can lodge for free while I attend school at no more than $99 per course credit. During summer school, I will take some of the usual nursing school prerequisite courses. Then once the term is over, I will soon take the GRE, so that I can submit my nursing school applications by the end of October. As you can read, my agenda is packed for the next 12 months. I love being so focused on what I want out of my career. I am now working on obtaining my Masters degree in Clinical Social Work with a specialty in Family Therapy, and later I plan to be concentrate in becoming a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, which allows me to continue to provide therapeutic interventions to my patients with the added bonus of legally being able to prescribe them medication. When all is done, I see myself practicing my profession in a NYC hospital.

Quote of the day:
Hail to all non-comformists!




::: posted by Babydoll at 9:16:00 AM


Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment


Powered by Blogger

comments by yaccs