It is a drab grey Saturday, yuk! Well, I'm back at my cozy apartment. As I sit on my bed and type this post, I'm trying to determine whether or not I wil go stag tonight to a company holiday party. Since my return to my internship on Thursday, all of the staff have been very welcoming and happy to see me back. I think it might be hard for me to say goodbye to them come May at the end of my internship, but at least I'll have that network of professionals in my line of work to tap into, in the case I decide to remain in MA versus moving back to CT, where I have an established professional network anticipating my 2006 graduation.
Anyhow, tonight will be either snowing or drizzling snow showers. I am concerned about ruining my formal wear with snow mix with salt or sand, specifically my silk and Swarovski crystal-heeled shoes, which were way too expensive to not care for.
I was considering using a cab for the roundtrip, however from where I live to the event's location will cost me approximately $20 each way, and in reality this event won't be "all that." As I heard from past attendees, a buffet of hors d' oeuvres will be the only solids served, followed by the typical free beverages: coffee, tea, water and punch. A cash bar will be available, whoop dee doo! Oh and lets not forget the Dj. Cheap social service agencies are not cool.
The idea of attending stag sucks. After my horrendous experience from high school prom, I vowed to NEVER again go to a formal event stag. And I have maintained my vow. If for any reason, I didn't get a date for a formal event, I wouldn't attend. Now, for the first time in over a decade, I mustered sufficient courage to attend stag because some of my colleagues will be stag as well. They all have been encouraging me during these past couple of days to attend. Plus it will be a great opportunity for socialization outside of the office setting. However, now my issue is with tonight's expected weather. What am I to do? My outtfit is hanging outside of my closet, and so is my evening coat, but how would I wear my hair if I do attend?
Now, I don't want you to think that I didn't ask anyone to accompany me to this event because I did; however, my choices (Neighbor Boy, Classmate and Artistic Rep.) were sure fall throughs, so I didn't stand a chance of snagging a date. Neighbor boy had parents in town this weekend, Classmate is still vacationing in Costa Rica and Artistic Rep. no longer speaks to me. Oh well, at least I can't say I didn't try.
On another note, I have laundry to do and food to buy. Darn, none of those are fun. Perhaps I wake up early tomorrow and do it. Okay, I'm hungry now; time to eat.
Quote of the day Here's to taking new steps and ventures in 2005.