Friday, January 14, 2005 :::
Greetings to all from up above the northeastern clouds.
I write this post as I travel on a Delta flight, which was delayed by an hour and a half. Yes! Am I happy? No…of course not, especially since my connecting flight…yes, I said connecting will most likely NOT be there waiting for me. Well, my flight out of Boston left at 9:00 p.m. and it is a 2.35 minute flight, AND my connecting flight is scheduled to depart at 11:37 p.m. As you may have done the math by now, I will arrive at 11:35 p.m. to Atlanta and of course miss my flight. Will there be another flight for me to fly out tonight in order to get to my home, sweet home…NO! Most likely not, since if I’m not mistaken, there are no flights after midnight…except in Las Vegas, the hub of the red-eye flights.
I can’t believe my luck. First, I left for the airport close to 6:30 p.m. for a flight originally scheduled to leave at 7:35 p.m. I thought that for sure I’d get held up in slow train rides or a long security line, but I made it to the gate 30 minutes prior to the supposed departure time. However, as I'm catching my breath, I soon heard over the loud speaker about the delay, which was originally estimated until 8:00 p.m. But then, once all of us trusting fools boarded the plane, we are told that our pilots are just arriving from another delayed flight. By this point it was 8:15 p.m. already, then we stood still hoping for a prompt departure once the pilots boarded, but given my luck, we didn’t lift off until 9:00 p.m.
So now, I will most likely end up sleeping at the airport, and placed on standby for a morning flight. Why me???? This was supposed to be a short, fun weekend getaway from the cold Boston winter, and now I will be sleeping elsewhere tonight. Gee! What is with my luck lately? --Did I mention I’m experiencing a bumpy ride?? Doesn’t all of this suck? Or does it just suck to be me???? Wait until my parents learn about this, they are going to flip out.
I will keep you guys posted on my likely night in Atlanta.
As an update for all of you curious of my dating or lack there of, well this Thursday, I’m scheduled to go out with Neighbor Boy. That ought to be an interesting date since I’m sure that we both have some expectations for what might transgress at the end of the evening. I know for sure what I look forward to at the end of the date, some good smooching, as we have already done in the past two occasions. Now, my looming question is whether or not he will pay for the wine that we plan to consume or will he expect for us to go dutch? I’ll just say this, no matter how much I might want to make out with him at the end of the date, IF I end up having to pay half of the bill, I CERTAINLY WON’T be making out with him later on…NO WAY! Again, I will keep you guys posted on my random adventures in the dating scene.
Dudes, you know what? Mr. Perverted phone caller is still attempting to contact me on a daily basis. Doesn’t he know that by now I won’t be answering the telephone? I mean, this sick individual has issues. Why would he not have already given up? He is one stupid dude. I can only infer from his behavior, that he feels that since I didn’t give him an opportunity to freak me out completely from listening to whatever he attempted to say to me via his creepy voice, then at this moment, he is feeling unfulfilled…unaccomplished. To that I say…TOO DAMN BAD!!! Why must he seek validation from me? Does he know me personally?
Okay, so classes commence next Tuesday, as well as the damn Work-Study program. Yippy! ---NOT. Now I must juggle 5 classes at school, 10 hours of work-study, 16 hours of internship, and about 6 hours of enrichment project. Yes, this will all be managed by moi for the first 9 weeks of school. Nice! By the time that I graduate from this program, I will be a master in time management, juggling, spreading myself thin, multi-tasking…whatever you’d like to call it.
May the Lord give me the strength!
To all of you who enjoy music, Napster has a special promotion going on…try them for 30 days free of charge, download as many music files as you please and if you cancel prior to the 30 days, you won’t owe them any money. It is a TV promotion that was too good to pass up. I love having the ability to download all the songs I want. It is great, yet a bit addictive since you are able to find new songs as well as old-school song. Absolutely fantastic! ---Right now, I’m jamming to Cameo’s ‘Candy.’
Okay y’all, I’m tired of typing now, so I will sign off. I’ll write next time from land.
Quote of the day: Things are never as bad they may seem, surely they could be worse…at least I’d like to think so.