Letting it all roll out... For me, myself and I.  

Come Dwell Inside


Archives Contact

Monday, January 24, 2005 :::
 
HOORAY FOR SNOW DAYS!!!!

Yes! What a relief...no school tomorrow! I'm happy because it gives me an additional 18 hours to get a ton of paperwork done by Wednesday of this week. I'd thought that I would finish it by Sunday night, but of course that wasn't the case. Doing school work and housework doesn't mix. Anyhow, thank God for the snow day.

Well, school is off to a hectic and busy start. I still struggle with finding more hours in a day to stuff as many required tasks into it as I could.

On a personal note, this past Thursday I worshiped the Porcelain God for the second time in my life. It was brief, but embarrassing. I had gone out on a date with Neighbor Boy. We went to Les Zygomates, a live jazz lounge/restaurant. The band was great, plus there was a special jam session that night by a Chicago blues singer. It was great! My date and I drank a bottle of red wine. I can't remember if it was a pinot noir or a merlot, but I do remember it was from South Africa. Anyhow, after good conversation and finishing the bottle, we each had a regular drink. He asked for a scotch, then I thought, "humm, I should keep up" so STUPID me asked for a cognac. So when he finished his drink, I had finished half of mine and my head was already spinning. I noticed that the bartender had given me almost a double shot of cognac. Now what was up with that? I prefer bartenders stick to the regular 3 oz. shot. Anyhow, as soon as my feet touched the ground once my ass was off of the barstool, I knew I was in trouble. --I wasn't wrong at all because as soon as I took the first step forward, I realized my equilibrium was shot to hell. I had to alert my date and ask him to guide me out of the establishment. Talk about showing vulnerability...damn it, and this was our third date. THAT SUCKED!!
So I am lead gently to the coat check area. By then, the coat check girl had already left for the night, so Neighbor Boy fetched these himself. When he began to assist me with my coat, I decide to visit the restroom right across from us. To my detriment, upon entering the restroom, I look at the floor and of course the pattern on the tiled floor is that similar to a black and white checkered board. --Oh my gosh, I swear to you that friggin' floor looked like it was dancing beneath me. I immediately stopped looking at the damn floor.
Once out of there, we hailed a cab and came home. By the way, I lost one of my leather gloves in the cab. Urgh!
Once in my apartment, I took off my coat and my lace mock cardigan. I then gave him a gift that I had purchased for him while in FL. Just a little thank you for the good times he had shown me, regardless of the "old" stereotyping remark.
He opened the gift which I had boxed in a makeshift cylindrical Victoria's Secret box. --I am very creative, and the box truly looked authentic in shape. Anyhow, he immediately thought that I had presented him with something from Victoria's Secret...that was very funny. Once he opened the gift, he was pleasantly surprised. I was happy to bring satisfaction. Then he thanked me verbally, approached me and kissed me. --Ooh yes! He kissed me and pressed me against my refrigerator. I LOVED IT! However, "Houston, we got a problem."
YES, a BIG problem!! Our kiss, the one thing I had looked forward to since he picked me up at my door, did not last anything over 7 seconds. WHY? Because I suddenly felt nauseous. The mixing of the wine with cognac f*** me up BIG TIME!!! Plus I hadn't had dinner that evening.
This is definitely the MOST embarrassing moment in my life thus far. --I mean, I had to stop the kiss, hold a hand to my mouth as I said "oh my god," then he asked me was I going to be sick, and I replied "yes," as I made him aside and rushed into the bathroom. Next thing I know, I was on my knees in front of the toilet, holding my hair back. Then I hear him immediately say, "do you want me to leave you alone and give you some privacy?" I think I heard him say this a total of three times, even when I had already answered yes by the second time, and had made hand gestures with my free hand for him to go. Okay, so I hurled. I don't know if he witnessed the first splash, but I then quickly heard the door close. So I am in the bathroom hurling, but without making any hurling noises. I was silent because the stomach was propelling everything by itself...I just opened my mouth and let it out.
My hurling was brief...about three good propulsions and that was it. So I wipe and fall back into a sitting position. Then I just start thinking of how embarrassing that incident had been. Yet, the more I thought about it, the more humorous I found the incident. I even began to giggle a bit as I sat on the floor. Finally, I stand up and open the bathroom door and who do I find? Neighbor Boy. He never left my apartment, he had simply closed the bathroom door. Anyhow, he greeted me with a glass of water and asked me if I was okay. I said yes, and I apologized for his witnessing my sudden ailment. He told me not to worry about it because stuff like that happens. Anyways, then he said he'd get going and told me that he'd kiss my cheek. I looked at him with a smile and told him that I didn't blame him.

That's all folks! This was how I ruined my own evening on Thursday. Damn, that sucks!

Anyhow, just recently Neighbor Boy and I decided to hang out more often because we both declared how we enjoy each other's company. And since we have agreed to a "no full-out relationship at the moment" per his request. And I accepted; I mean what the hell, I'm not planning to join a convent, so why should I continue to save myself. Shit, life is going to continue to pass me by, if I continue to stick to such self-limitations. I need to allow myself to have some fun, be it temporary or whatever.
Right now, Neighbor Boy is stuck in Los Angeles because of the cancellation of flights back to Boston. What was he doing over there? Easy; he told me on Thursday night that he was going to visit a girl that he'd met some time ago in Israel (so chances are high that she was born Jewish). Anyhow, he told me that ever since, they have been in touch via e-mail and instant messenger, so he finally decided to pay her a visit now that she has been residing in L.A. for quite a while.
Okay, I am an adult, and as such I don't require an explanation of what this trip will consist of, since when I asked him what plans he had while over there, he said that he didn't know because she hadn't mentioned any. --Can all of you now pinpoint what this trip is really about? Yes, BOOTY CALL, and since he can very well afford to fly all the way to the West coast in order to get some ass, he does!
Do I care; does this bother me??? NOPE! Not at all because I had already figured him out from our first two dates, so I'm not surprised at all. Plus, he is NOT my boyfriend or lover, we are presently nothing. All we are is a pending project. What he does now doesn't concern me, nor what he does later because as long as both parties are playing such game then all is fair.
Oh my, it is time to catch some Zzzz, so that I can finish my paperwork tomorrow.

Quote of the day:
What is good for the goose, has always been good for the gander!


::: posted by Babydoll at 4:51:00 AM


Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment


Powered by Blogger

comments by yaccs