Letting it all roll out... For me, myself and I.  

Come Dwell Inside


Archives Contact

Saturday, February 05, 2005 :::
 
Happy Saturday!

Hope all of you are well.
Okay, Valentine's Day is fast approaching. Yes, that is just another day to rub in the face of those of us, who don't have a special someone(s) in our lives to share it with. Nice, as if we hadn't suffered enough from New Year's Eve a little over a month ago!!!

Okay, so lately I've been chatting with a few guys via e-mail. I never met them, and I'm not sure I want to, even though I've seen their so-called photos. It's funny how I can distinguish a guy who's looking for a relationship from one who simply wants to get laid right away, just by noticing how fast he suggests we go away together for a weekend, or how fast he brings up sexually compromising dates, and concentrates on talking about my body. ---Those are the men, I plan to stay away from. They are scary to me. A man who immediately shows that the only thing they have in their mind is sex is a total turn-off to me. I mean, please be strategic, use your brain, at least hold your true intentions back until you've gone out with the person a few times.
Anyhow, out of 8 guys that I've been chatting with, here are the results of my impressions about them. These were based on a pass/fail system.
Candidate #1: A momma's boy, only child, hates crowds hence big cities, and seems to be lying about his occupation. Score: Failed
Candidate #2: Has a crew cut (reminds me of the military gym teacher that appeared on Beavis and Butthead cartoon. He used to repeatedly asks the boys, "kick me in the jimmy!!!") He asked to meet me too soon for my comfort zone. Score: Failed
Candidate #3: Older man, looking to get laid quickly, gave me two phone numbers to contact him from his initial email, and has repeatedly suggested for us to chat on the phone. Score: Failed
Candidate #4: Older man, seems way too wired on his e-mails, noticeable desperation. Score: Failed
Candidate #5, 6, 7: Guys e-mailing me without noticeable desperation, comfortable at composing "getting to know you" e-mails. Score: Pass
Candidate #8: A guy who's HOT, HOT, HOT, e-mailing me without noticeable desperation, comfortable at composing "getting to know you" e-mails. Score: Pass

Recently, I realized that I have a crush on my Italian friend. We met and befriended each other in FL, while I was on a temporary job assignment at the company he works for. Except, he normally works at the headquarters in Italy, not at the FL branch. He visits the FL branch randomly, on a per technical issue basis. While he was in FL, I flirted with him discreetly; however, he is a shy guy, so unless I sat on his lap, he wouldn't have noticed my flirtation. Anyhow, we've been chatting via IM almost on a daily basis since he returned to Italy. We talk about EVERYTHING and ANYTHING including crushes, heartbreaks, sadness, difficulties, etc. We give each other advise and encouragement. ---This is an awesome friendship!!! Plus the fact that I find him handsome and he finds me attractive, is an added bonus. However, our only hinderance is the thousands of miles that keep us away.
I have known him since mid July and to now realize my feelings for him have developed, SUCKS!!! Again, because of the distance factor.
He is so sweet, sensitive and a true gentleman. Mmm, damn! Why can't I find that here???
He is my long distance best friend. I already have enough frequent flier miles to take a free trip to Italy, but what stops me from doing so is my PACKED and HECTIC scholastic schedule.
Then again, let's analyze this potential trip...
What the hell will I gain by going over there, now that I know how I feel about him? I'd be setting myself up for SURE HEARTBREAK because if we were to become close during my 2-3 weeks vacation there, I will still need to return back to my reality back in the U.S. I don't believe in long distance relationships, I mean get real!! That would be a real long distance relationship and what good is that to have someone, who you can't be with at any time; someone, who you need a passport to visit?
So I should just put my feelings in a box and simply store them away like an antique trinket you delicately save.

Now, on another note, I recently found out who the hell was Mr. Pervert caller...or at least where the calls were coming from. Yes, because I became so frustrated with the continued calls, that I involved my cellphone company and the local authorities to conduct a trace on the calls. AND TO MY SURPRISE, the calls came from my childhood friend's house in Texas. How is that for a whopper! Yes, so now what I'm not certain of is whether it was her boyfriend, her boyfriend's teenaged son or if my friend aided and abbeted the entire thing?
I payed $20 for the call trace, in order to have peace of mind and be sure that it wasn't one of the guys that I had recently dated. I am at ease that it came from her house, but as much as I dwell on the thought of how annoyed I'd been over the past month, I can't believe my friend would still be so immature to prank me that way (assuming she was involved).
Ay caramba! That's how the cookie crumbles.

Okay, I think that is enough for now. I am starving!

Quote of the day:
What are you afraid of? Take a chance...you only live once!!


::: posted by Babydoll at 11:48:00 AM


Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment


Powered by Blogger

comments by yaccs